    truncates everything after the '?' and the calltips are non-existant.

    Anyone have any insight/fixes for this problem?

    - matt

    Matt Smith, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Matt Smith

    Damphyr Guest

    Matt Smith wrote:
    > I created a ruby.api for SCiTE, so I can have autocomplete and
    > calltips, but I'm having a little problem.
    >
    > The autocomplete and calltips don't work for any of the methods that
    > end with a question mark (like Array.include?). The autocomplete
    > truncates everything after the '?' and the calltips are non-existant.
    >
    > Anyone have any insight/fixes for this problem?

    Nope, but I would like this api file and then maybe I can help search
    for the solution.
    I'm sure a couple more of the resident rubytalkers would like to get
    their hands on it too.
    Cheers,
    V.-
    --
    http://www.braveworld.net/riva

    Damphyr, Oct 6, 2005

  3. Matt Smith

    Neil Hodgson Guest

    '?' is used in Scintilla autocompletion as the default separator
    between a name and the number of the icon to display next to it. There
    is no SciTE setting to change this but a Lua script can set the
    editor.AutoCTypeSeparator property:

    function OnOpen(f)
    editor.AutoCTypeSeparator=string.byte("~")
    end

    calltip.<lexer>.word.characters controls which characters are
    considered part of identifiers for the purpose of calltip look up. It
    may be reasonable to specify

    calltip.ruby.word.characters=$(chars.alpha)_?!

    More information at
    http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/SciTEDoc.html

    Neil

    Neil Hodgson, Oct 6, 2005
  4. Matt Smith

    Matt Smith Guest

    With HUGE thanks to Neil...

    I've managed to cobble together a ruby.api for SCiTE, along with some
    property file changes to enable autocomplete and calltips.

    Now the question is, where should I put these files so other people
    can get to them?

    - matt

    Matt Smith, Oct 6, 2005