question marks in ruby.api for SCiTE

Matt Smith

I created a ruby.api for SCiTE, so I can have autocomplete and
calltips, but I'm having a little problem.

The autocomplete and calltips don't work for any of the methods that
end with a question mark (like Array.include?). The autocomplete
truncates everything after the '?' and the calltips are non-existant.

Anyone have any insight/fixes for this problem?

- matt

Damphyr

Matt said:
I created a ruby.api for SCiTE, so I can have autocomplete and
calltips, but I'm having a little problem.

The autocomplete and calltips don't work for any of the methods that
end with a question mark (like Array.include?). The autocomplete
truncates everything after the '?' and the calltips are non-existant.

Anyone have any insight/fixes for this problem?
Nope, but I would like this api file and then maybe I can help search
for the solution.
I'm sure a couple more of the resident rubytalkers would like to get
their hands on it too.
Cheers,
V.-
--
http://www.braveworld.net/riva

Neil Hodgson

'?' is used in Scintilla autocompletion as the default separator
between a name and the number of the icon to display next to it. There
is no SciTE setting to change this but a Lua script can set the
editor.AutoCTypeSeparator property:

function OnOpen(f)
editor.AutoCTypeSeparator=string.byte("~")
end

calltip.<lexer>.word.characters controls which characters are
considered part of identifiers for the purpose of calltip look up. It
may be reasonable to specify

calltip.ruby.word.characters=$(chars.alpha)_?!

More information at
http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/SciTEDoc.html

Neil

Matt Smith

With HUGE thanks to Neil...

I've managed to cobble together a ruby.api for SCiTE, along with some
property file changes to enable autocomplete and calltips.

Now the question is, where should I put these files so other people
can get to them?

- matt