Question on bounce filter

Amit

Hello group,

I'm trying to understand how a bounce filter works. Let's say I have
an input as:

1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 (input)
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 (output)

the logic is when input sees "1" then it gives output 1 (eight times)
as soon as it sees a zero in input (a non-one) then prints 0 (output )
5 times and then switches to "1" after 5 times if it sees another
input as "1".

Currently I"m designing the state diagram (moore). I believe this must
have only 5 states. Is this right?

also where can I learn about how to design a moore machine on the web?

your help will be appreciated greatly.

regards,
amit