Question on bounce filter

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Amit, Apr 26, 2007.

  1. Amit

    Amit Guest

    Hello group,

    I'm trying to understand how a bounce filter works. Let's say I have
    an input as:

    1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 (input)
    1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 (output)

    the logic is when input sees "1" then it gives output 1 (eight times)
    as soon as it sees a zero in input (a non-one) then prints 0 (output )
    5 times and then switches to "1" after 5 times if it sees another
    input as "1".

    Currently I"m designing the state diagram (moore). I believe this must
    have only 5 states. Is this right?

    also where can I learn about how to design a moore machine on the web?

    your help will be appreciated greatly.

    regards,
    amit
    Amit, Apr 26, 2007