question on dev-c++ dllimport

Surendra Singhi

Hello,
When I create a dll project using Dev-C++ it creates a function like the one below:

DLLIMPORT void HelloWorld ()
{
MessageBox (0, "Hello World from DLL!\n", "Hi", MB_ICONINFORMATION);
}

From my understanding off dllimport, it should be used for externally created
functions. Is there any reason why Dev-C++ creates such a function? What is
its purpose, and how does defining a function using dllimport helps?

Thanks.
--
Surendra Singhi
http://www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/index.html

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
- Orwell, Animal Farm, 1945