Question

Guest

I have a hyperlink column in the datagrid as follows bound to a column in thr
database. How can i add another query string to it to send Row number of the
datagrid to the target page:

<asp:HyperLinkColumn Target="_parent" DataNavigateUrlField="HREF"
DataNavigateUrlFormatString="detailspage.aspx?id={0}" DataTextField="From"
SortExpression="From" HeaderText="From">
<ItemStyle Width="20%"></ItemStyle>
</asp:HyperLinkColumn>
do somethink like this?

<asp:HyperLinkColumn Target="_parent" DataNavigateUrlField="HREF"
DataNavigateUrlFormatString="detailspage.aspx?id={0}&rownumber"+Datagrid.RowNumber DataTextField="From" SortExpression="From" HeaderText="From">
<ItemStyle Width="20%"></ItemStyle>
</asp:HyperLinkColumn>

Thanks

Manny

Guest

Manny,

To get this to work you have to switch the hyperlink column to a template
column and use an asp:Hyperlink tag. I have pasted a sample in C# below for
your aid.

I hope this helps.
--------------------------

<asp:DataGrid id="DataGrid1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False">
<Columns>
<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Example">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Hyperlink runat="server"
Text='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"LastName")%>'
NavigateUrl='<%# "http://localhost/lastname=" +
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"LastName") +
"&rownumber=" +
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"EmployeeID")%>' />
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>
</Columns>
</asp:DataGrid>

Elton Wang

Hi Manny,

Another way to do it is coding in datagrid_ItemDataBound.
Suppose the HyperLinkColumn is the first column, following
code snippet shows how to create URL for the
HyperLinkColumn.

DataRowView drv = (DataRowView)e.Item.DataItem;
TableCell linkCell = (TableCell)e.Item.Controls[0];
HyperLink link = (HyperLink)linkCell.Controls[0];
link.NavigateUrl = "detailspage.aspx?ID=" + drv
["ID"].ToString() + "&rownumnber=" + e.Item.ItemIndex;

Hope it's helpful to you.

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)
I have a hyperlink column in the datagrid as follows bound to a column in thr
database. How can i add another query string to it to send Row number of the
datagrid to the target page:

<asp:HyperLinkColumn Target="_parent" DataNavigateUrlField="HREF"
DataTextField="From"
SortExpression="From" HeaderText="From">
<ItemStyle Width="20%"></ItemStyle>
</asp:HyperLinkColumn>
do somethink like this?

<asp:HyperLinkColumn Target="_parent" DataNavigateUrlField="HREF"
DataNavigateUrlFormatString="detailspage.aspx?id={0}
&rownumber"+Datagrid.RowNumber DataTextField="From"
SortExpression="From" HeaderText="From">

Guest

Thanks a lot. This really helps

.