questions on CheckBoxList

Paul Werkowitz

Hello,

on my page I have a CheckBoxList which can have many entries. I want the
user to select some of them, and then it should be possible that the user
clicks on any other page of my application (I have site navigation with
treeview and sitemap) and I can access the selected items.

At the moment I have an additional button that causes a postback. In the
clickhandler it is easy to extract the selected items and store it in
Sessionstate. I then have these items available in other pages. The problem
with this solution is that the users forget to click the button and
directly open the other page and then wonder why they don't have the
selection....

Another solution would be to postback after every selction changeof the
list. But since the list can be long, that would not be so good.

What can be done here?

Greetz
Paule

Riki

Paul said:
[...]

I guess the only way is to use AutoPostback="True" on the CheckboxList.
That will always work.
You can then make it more user friendly by enabling the page with AJAX.