Quicktime in python

Wesley Fraser

Hey everyone.

Does anyone know if there has been a basic, ornot so basic
implimentation of quicktime in python? If not, is there a reasonably
straight forward way of accessing quicktime from python?

Thanks

Ugly

Michael Hudson

Wesley Fraser said:
Hey everyone.

Does anyone know if there has been a basic, ornot so basic
implimentation of quicktime in python? If not, is there a reasonably
straight forward way of accessing quicktime from python?

I believe MacPython has a wrapper (and if you use PyObjC you should be
able to use the Cocoa movie classes). If you're on Windows, does it
have a COM interface? If you just want an easy way of playing a
movie, pygame can do that, but probably with less codec support.

Actually *implementing* QT in Python would seem to be a bit of a
fool's errand.

Cheers,
mwh

Wesley Fraser

I believe MacPython has a wrapper (and if you use PyObjC you should be
able to use the Cocoa movie classes). If you're on Windows, does it
have a COM interface? If you just want an easy way of playing a
movie, pygame can do that, but probably with less codec support.

Actually *implementing* QT in Python would seem to be a bit of a
fool's errand.

Cheers,
mwh
Actually what I am trying to do specifically is use my logitech camera
on Mac OS X. There is a wonderful driver macam outthere that supports
this and many many other cameras. It seems that the best way to access
this driver is via quicktime and cocoa. I am using the camera for
telescope control and imaging stars. If I can get this to work
properly, then having the code in python would make things a lot easier
for me. It's not that it has to be done in python, it's that I want it
to be done in python.

Thanks for the tips. The PyObc seems like it is just the trick!

Ugly