java quicktime transparency

tiewknvc9

Hi,

I have created a quicktime ".mov" movie programatically. I have done
this by creating a number of jpeg images (which do not contain
transparency obviously), and strung them together processing them into
a quicktime movie!

whew, lots of work. Ive been looking for a way to convert the
background of the movie into a transparent background, but although I
know that there exists a way similar to this

GraphicsMode x = new GraphicsMode (QDConstants.blend,QDColor.black);
GraphicsImporter gi1 = new GraphicsImporter(y);
try{
gi1.setGraphicsMode (x);
}catch(StdQTException sqe){
}

I have to admit that I am a beginner when it comes to quicktime videos
and converting the movie to a movie with transparency...

Im a bit lost as to what I really need to do in order to get this to
convert the black part of the movie into something transparent.

Please let me know if you know anything that might be helpful.

Thanks

Oliver Wong

tiewknvc9 said:
[...]

Does the QuickTime format even support transparency? I couldn't find a
document supporting this belief.

- Oliver

Oliver Wong

tiewknvc9 said:
yes it does.

Do you have documentation from Apple supporting this? Or maybe an
example movie? I'd like to watch a movie with transparency to see what it
looks like.

- Oliver