quirk or standard mode

David Graham

Hi
I used to be able to type the line below into the address bar of a browser
(Opera but works in IE I think)
javascript:alert(document.compactMode);
and it would tell me if the browser was in quirks mode or standard mode.
They all come back as Undefined at the moment.
Anyone know why?
thanks
David

David Håsäther

David Graham said:
I used to be able to type the line below into the address bar of a
browser (Opera but works in IE I think)
javascript:alert(document.compactMode); ^
and it would tell me if the browser was in quirks mode or standard
mode. They all come back as Undefined at the moment.

There's a typo. It's document.compatMode