RadioButtonList.SelectedIndexChanged not raised when the ListItem has Selected="True"

Nathan Sokalski

I have a RadioButtonList that I am using inside an UpdatePanel. I have added
the SelectedIndexChanged event of a RadioButtonList as a Trigger. Whenever I
select a different ListItem, the UpdatePanel is updated, as it should, with
one exception. When selecting the ListItem that has the Selected="True"
attribute the SelectedIndexChanged event is not triggered. I have tested
this by moving the Selected="True" attribute to a different ListItem, and
then that ListItem did not trigger the UpdatePanel, and the one that I
removed it from did. I need to have an initially selected ListItem, because
it is used in determining certain other aspects of my initial page. Is there
some workaround for this? Or is it just a bug in ASP.NET (or IE7, which is
what I am currently testing with)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.nathansokalski.com/