Rails: generate scaffold Product Admin overwrites admin pages

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Phlip, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. Phlip

    Phlip Guest

    [This post belongs on the Rails mailing list but its server is full]

    Rubies:

    I'm up to the infamous Page 57 in Joel Spolsky's most favoritest book in the
    whole world, /Agile Web Development with Rails/ by the Daves.

    It says:

    ruby script/generate scaffold Product Admin

    That makes an instant view and editor into the Product model and database
    table.

    Now suppose I want to, uh, create a second database table, and I need a
    second administration view on it. So I create the table, and then run this:

    ruby script/generate scaffold AnotherTable Admin

    The system overwrites (with permission) the exiting administration files.

    What's the fix? Should I rename the prior files? If so, what's the exact
    list to rename, and how to keep them linked in?

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Re: Rails: generate scaffold Product Admin overwrites admin

    Phlip wrote:
    > [This post belongs on the Rails mailing list but its server is full]

    That is not really an excuse :)

    Until they fix it, #rubyonrails on irc.freenode.net may
    (or may not) be able to help.

    > The system overwrites (with permission) the exiting administration
    > files.
    >
    > What's the fix? Should I rename the prior files? If so, what's the exact
    > list to rename, and how to keep them linked in?

    Two different things cannot be named the same, I believe.

    Eero Saynatkari, Sep 15, 2006