Rake::PackageTask

Nicholas Van Weerdenburg

Does Rake::packageTask work on Windows?

My attempts to use it have failed so far.

Thanks,
Nick

Justin Rudd

Does Rake::packageTask work on Windows?

Not out of the box on a One-Click-Installer install. It shells out to
programs tar and zip. If you install Cygwin and put the Cygwin bin
directory in your path it will work.

Zach Dennis

Justin said:
Not out of the box on a One-Click-Installer install. It shells out to
programs tar and zip. If you install Cygwin and put the Cygwin bin
directory in your path it will work.

I have many unix utilities for Window if anyone would like. They do not
require cygwin or mingw. Just message me offlist and I'll send you the
zip file.

Zach

Curt Hibbs

Austin Ziegler

Does Rake::packageTask work on Windows?
My attempts to use it have failed so far.

No. You can look at any of my projects (Diff::LCS, etc.) to see an
alternative way to generate .tar.gz packages. I have not yet bothered
to make it a task to submit to Jim for inclusion in Rake.

-austin

Jim Weirich

No. You can look at any of my projects (Diff::LCS, etc.) to see an
alternative way to generate .tar.gz packages. I have not yet bothered
to make it a task to submit to Jim for inclusion in Rake.

If someone would like to put it together, I would be open to such a patch.

Nicholas Van Weerdenburg

Not out of the box on a One-Click-Installer install. It shells out to
programs tar and zip. If you install Cygwin and put the Cygwin bin
directory in your path it will work.

Thanks. I'll try that.

Is there any way to get an error message for sh failures in rake?

Thanks,
Nick