    thanks
    CMOS

    , Jul 16, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > if the system includes external harware components(RAM, sensors, etc),
    > how could the whole system be simulated. Is it common to use sumulatiom
    > models for those components in such situations.

    yes

    > If yes, in the event of
    > simulation model of the component is not available, what are the
    > alternatives?

    Write your own functional model.
    Keep it simple.
    http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=sram model vhdl array

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Jul 16, 2006

  3. FMF Guest

    Mike Treseler wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> if the system includes external harware components(RAM, sensors, etc),
    >> how could the whole system be simulated. Is it common to use sumulatiom
    >> models for those components in such situations.

    > yes
    >
    >> If yes, in the event of
    >> simulation model of the component is not available, what are the
    >> alternatives?

    > Write your own functional model.
    > Keep it simple.
    > http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=sram model vhdl array
    >
    > -- Mike Treseler

    You can also look for a similar part at: http://www.FreeModelFoundry.com

    -Rick Munden

    FMF, Jul 31, 2006
  4. Concerning most ISSIs, there are similar RAMs out. Furthermore: I am
    sure you know, that there are some free generic RAM models around in
    the inet. Some of the are parametrizeable according to the written spec
    of your particular ram. This is the most effective way to obtain a
    stable simulation.

    For a valueable simulation, I usually use switchable models (a typical
    one, and some extreme case, where data is given out too early or too
    late). Thus you can make your design work also for cases outside the
    RAM spec, or obtain higher security.

    homoalteraiensis, Aug 5, 2006