Random NTLM/Keberos Authentication Problem

Dave

Hi,

We have a situation that is preventing our WorkOrder sytem
from going live. We are using
SSPI/Impersonation/Delegation from Win2k IIS5 Server to
Win2k SQL 2000 Server. Using ASP.NET/XML , we have two Web
Services that update a SQL database. Users enter data into
a web form. After each entry, in theory the request to
update the database passes through via Keberos and all
goes well 99 out of 100 times. That "1" time we get the NT
Authority Anonymous Login Failure. After running packet
captures on both servers, I discovered that authentication
is changing from Keberos to NTLM at random with no set
pattern. This happen to all of our Win2k clients at
various location with no set time of day. The security
event logs on the IIS5 server confirm this.

Has anyone else seen this quirk? Is there abug in ASP.NET
or Framework? a patch or service pack related to this? I
have already sent all of my event logs and capture files
to Microsoft but no luck so far still waiting for ideas
from them.

Any thoughts appreciated..

Dave