Raw message view WITH quote highlighting?

Len Philpot

I prefer to see *bold*, /italic/, _underline_, etc. text as entered,
not actually styled. However, I also like the custom coloring of quoted
text.

Is there a way to have both? The raw message views show the text
accurately, but I lose my quoted colors.

Also, there's apparently a minor display bug in normal mode. I use a
boldface font (Vera Sans Mono) as my default font. If I see a line with
a styled sequence in it, the characters following the styled sequence
(typically, but not always) to EOL are rendered as normal. Eg:

Here's a *bold sequence* but from here on is normal, not bold.

Occasionally the mis-rendering continues for the duration of the
paragraph.

I'm using 1.18.13, BTW.

Thanks.

Ian Collins

Len said:
I prefer to see *bold*, /italic/, _underline_, etc. text as entered,
not actually styled. However, I also like the custom coloring of quoted
text.
I think you've come though the wrong door. This is a C language group...

Len Philpot

I prefer to see bold, italic, underline, etc. text as entered,
not actually styled. However, I also like the custom coloring of
quoted text.
I think you've come though the wrong door. This is a C language
group...[/QUOTE]

You are EXACTLY right - My sincere apologies. I guess I can blame it on
an as-yet-unfamiliar newreader. That was /supposed/ to go to
xananews.support.

Sorry! :)

Jordan Abel

Len Philpot said:
I prefer to see *bold*, /italic/, _underline_, etc. text as entered,
not actually styled. However, I also like the custom coloring of quoted
text.

Check your newsreader settings. I have no idea what newsreader you're
using.
Here's a *bold sequence* but from here on is normal, not bold.

Probably your terminal emulator's fault. What are you using?
Occasionally the mis-rendering continues for the duration of the
paragraph.

I'm using 1.18.13, BTW.

1.18.13 of what?

Kenneth Brody

Len said:
I think you've come though the wrong door. This is a C language
group...

You are EXACTLY right - My sincere apologies. I guess I can blame it on
an as-yet-unfamiliar newreader. That was /supposed/ to go to
xananews.support.

Sorry! :)[/QUOTE]

A sign of intelligence is recognizing when you've made a mistake,
and admitting it. Congratulations. (Though I do have to wonder
what sort of newsreader would let you make such a mistake.)

BTW, you're using XanaNews version "1.18.1.3", not "1.18.13".