RDoc Accents

James Edward Gray II

I need to include an accented e in my rdoc documentation. é
does not work. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

James Edward Gray II

Aredridel

I need to include an accented e in my rdoc documentation. é
does not work. Any suggestions?

Type it literally, and perhaps hack the template to make sure it uses
the same encoding in the Content-type http-equiv tag?

"é" should work in that case ... you just have to pick between
ISO8859-1, Windows-1250 or UTF-8 encoding as far as I know.

Ari

James Britt

James said:
That's equivalent to é and it still doesn't work. ;)

Sort of, but not exactly ...
Thanks
though.

I just did a little test, though, and it appears that rdoc munges the
text. &233; becomes &233; in the output html, so the desired
character never appears.

So one needs to tell Rdoc to not escape entity references.

James

James Edward Gray II

So one needs to tell Rdoc to not escape entity references.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was hoping someone would feed me.

James Edward Gray II