    so they know where the traffic comes from. (Our
    code goes where the "p" is at the end.)

    Thanks in advance.
    bill, Jan 26, 2004

  2. bill

    Jay Guest

    "bill" <> wrote in message
    news:zWbRb.7152$...
    > We have traffic coming to our sites (say A, B & C)
    > which we want to redirect to an e-commerce site.
    > We would prefer that visitors not be required to
    > click on a link or banner to initiate the
    > re-direction (even better if the A, B & C sites
    > aren't visible at all). The catch is that the
    > e-commerce site gives us a url like this
    > http://e-commercesite.com/go/p to go on our sites,
    > so they know where the traffic comes from. (Our
    > code goes where the "p" is at the end.)

    If you are using a Windows server you can redirect using IIS.

    - J
    Jay, Jan 26, 2004

  3. X-No-Archive: yes
    bill wrote:

    > We have traffic coming to our sites (say A, B & C)
    > which we want to redirect to an e-commerce site.
    > We would prefer that visitors not be required to
    > click on a link or banner to initiate the
    > re-direction (even better if the A, B & C sites
    > aren't visible at all). The catch is that the
    > e-commerce site gives us a url like this
    > http://e-commercesite.com/go/p to go on our sites,
    > so they know where the traffic comes from. (Our
    > code goes where the "p" is at the end.)

    > Thanks in advance.

    Ahh, it's one of those annoying sites isn't it? The kind that I get when I
    click on a link and am directed automatically, and without any confirmation,
    to a website that I didn't want to visit in the first place, and when I
    press BACK it pushes me forward again. Right?

    Well don't. Put a link in and ask the people to click.

    --
    _______________________________________
    /\ \
    \_| Legalise today |
    | http://www.norml.org |
    | |
    | | |
    | |.| |
    |web: http://www. |.| e-mail: weyoun@|
    |dancingborg |\./| dancingborg|
    |.co.uk |\./| .co.uk|
    |. |\./| .|
    | \^.\ |\\.//| /.^/ |
    | \--.|\ |\\.//| /|.--/ |
    | \--.| \ |\\.//| / |.--/ |
    | \---.|\ |\./| /|.---/ |
    | \--.|\ |\./| /|.--/ |
    | \ .\ |.| /. / |
    | _ -_^_^_^_- \ \\ // / -_^_^_^_- _ |
    | - -/_/_/- ^ ^ | ^ ^ -\_\_\- - |
    \_/____________________________________/
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Jan 27, 2004
  4. bill

    bill Guest

    "Weyoun the Dancing Borg" <weyoun@removethis@@dancingborg.co.uk> wrote
    in message news:TLmRb.11555$...
    > bill wrote:
    >
    > > We have traffic coming to our sites (say A, B & C)
    > > which we want to redirect to an e-commerce site.
    > > We would prefer that visitors not be required to
    > > click on a link or banner to initiate the
    > > re-direction (even better if the A, B & C sites
    > > aren't visible at all). The catch is that the
    > > e-commerce site gives us a url like this
    > > http://e-commercesite.com/go/p to go on our sites,
    > > so they know where the traffic comes from. (Our
    > > code goes where the "p" is at the end.)

    > > Thanks in advance.

    > Ahh, it's one of those annoying sites isn't it? The kind that I get

    when I
    > click on a link and am directed automatically, and without any

    confirmation,
    > to a website that I didn't want to visit in the first place, and

    when I
    > press BACK it pushes me forward again. Right?
    >
    > Well don't. Put a link in and ask the people to click.

    Actually, it's not.

    I have a keyword for a search engine that installs in IE. If you just
    put in a word or phrase, the search engine goes to the URL of the
    person who paid for that word or term. (And I did make sure that if
    users do not like this installed search engine, it is uninstallable
    and Ad-Aware will remove it as well. The search engine is not mine,
    but I did not want to do business with the type of company that jams a
    search tool into IE without asking or being easily removed.)

    Say I own the keyword "life insurance" -- I want any user who puts
    that keyword in their address bar to go to an insurance agent who will
    pay me an affiliate commission. There is no point in requiring the
    user to stop on my site and click a link: they already put "life
    insurance" in their address bar, so they want to go to a life
    insurance site.

    Thanks
    Bill
    bill, Jan 28, 2004