    can i read that file.is there any way to do that.

    Thanks,
    Prakash

    Praki, Jan 3, 2008

  2. In article <f68f4a19-44ba-4f83-a0aa-539da7b14432
    @t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>, says...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have some files created by CGI -Perl in Apache server.i could not
    > veiw those files using the ls cmd. it does not have permissions.When i
    > try to read using the CGI-Perl program i could do that. But when i try
    > to do the same using the Perl (filename.pl) i could not read that.how
    > can i read that file.is there any way to do that.

    It is almost certainly a case of file access permissions. On a Unix
    system, Apache will run CGI programs using the User-ID of the Apache
    process. Any files created will be owned by that User-ID and will have
    permissions dictated (I guess) by the UMASK value in effect for that
    process.

    In the CGI script that creates the files you can insert an appropriate
    chmod command to change the read permissions to something more suitable
    to your needs.

    If you can't alter the CGI script then you need to contact the
    administrator of the web server.

    see `perldoc -f chmod`

    RedGrittyBrick, Jan 3, 2008