Reading files created by CGi

Praki

Hi All,

I have some files created by CGI -Perl in Apache server.i could not
veiw those files using the ls cmd. it does not have permissions.When i
try to read using the CGI-Perl program i could do that. But when i try
to do the same using the Perl (filename.pl) i could not read that.how
can i read that file.is there any way to do that.

Thanks,
Prakash

RedGrittyBrick

Hi All,

I have some files created by CGI -Perl in Apache server.i could not
veiw those files using the ls cmd. it does not have permissions.When i
try to read using the CGI-Perl program i could do that. But when i try
to do the same using the Perl (filename.pl) i could not read that.how
can i read that file.is there any way to do that.

It is almost certainly a case of file access permissions. On a Unix
system, Apache will run CGI programs using the User-ID of the Apache
process. Any files created will be owned by that User-ID and will have
permissions dictated (I guess) by the UMASK value in effect for that
process.

In the CGI script that creates the files you can insert an appropriate
chmod command to change the read permissions to something more suitable
to your needs.

If you can't alter the CGI script then you need to contact the
administrator of the web server.

see `perldoc -f chmod`