    redirecting them to a page that says "Go find a friend with a PC, and use
    it..."

    Paul.

    Paul W, Jul 15, 2005

  2. That's about the most practical thing to do.

    ;-)

    Seriously, as explained in my last post, boning up
    on XHTML and CSS should be a winning strategy, too.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 15, 2005

  3. IE for MAC isn't too bad. I only had a small problem
    a year ago because it didn't support the .push() method
    in a JavaScript array. Other than that, it worked ok for me
    as long as I made my stuff work well on PC netscape/mozilla.

    --
    2004 and 2005 Microsoft MVP C#
    Robbe Morris

    Earn $$$ money answering .NET Framework
    messageboard posts at EggHeadCafe.com.
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/forums/merit.asp

    Robbe Morris [C# MVP], Jul 15, 2005
  4. Paul W

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Paul W" <> wrote in message

    > So what do real people do by way of supporting mac browsers?! This seems
    > an absolute nightmare, all for 2-3% of users. Any real-life experiences or
    > suggestions appreciated.
    >
    > At this stage I'm kinda contemplating detecting a mac-browser and
    > redirecting them to a page that says "Go find a friend with a PC, and use
    > it..."

    Generally speaking, and I know it sounds harsh, but Mac users will be
    totally used to sites not working properly, so I tend not to bother even
    testing on them.

    I have contemplated buying a Mac Mini because it will fit right into my
    existing KVM setup, but I haven't done so as yet.

    Incidentally, does anyone have a feel for how representative the data on the
    following page is? http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

    I tend to refer to it quite a bit, but would be interested to know of any
    other similar sites...

    Mark Rae, Jul 15, 2005
  5. http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2005/June/browser.php

    http://www.upsdell.com/browsernews/stat_trends.htm