    Thanks
    Dan

    , Dec 31, 2005

  2. Zoonosis Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I was wondering if there was a real tiny virtual machine that could be
    > embedded into native projects? Something with a basic garbage collector
    > and language support, but not necessarily AWT and network stuff.

    Check out the "TINI" microcontrollers from Dallas Semiconductor / Maxim.

    http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/microcontrollers/tini/

    Zoonosis, Jan 1, 2006

    Haha, that is "TINI" all right.

    But I meant, something to run on desktops, embedded in a regular
    executable.

    Dan
    Happy New You're Still In Iraq

    , Jan 1, 2006
  4. Zoonosis Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Haha, that is "TINI" all right.
    >
    > But I meant, something to run on desktops, embedded in a regular
    > executable.

    Yes, I realized that -- right after I hit "Send." My apologies. I am an
    Embedded s/w engineer, so when I saw the word "embedded" in your post,
    naturally I assumed that you were building an embedded device.

    :)

    Zoonosis, Jan 1, 2006
  5. <> wrote in message
    >I was wondering if there was a real tiny virtual machine that could be
    > embedded into native projects? Something with a basic garbage collector
    > and language support, but not necessarily AWT and network stuff.

    There is an open source GNU JVM implementation. You could cut it down to
    make it arbitrarily small.

    Or you may simply want to natively compile your byte code if that is
    applicable.

    --
    LTP

    :)