    Regards,

    Chris
    http://rotsog.wordpress.com

    celldee, Apr 12, 2007

  2. celldee

    ChrisH Guest

    > Is there anybody who would be willing to engage me in a sort of
    > internship whereby you give me a smallish Ruby project to do and I
    > complete it purely for the experience?

    Get thee to the Ruby Quiz (http://rubyquiz.com/). Lots of interesting
    projects
    of all levels with a bevy of solutions to compare/learn from

    Cheers

    ChrisH, Apr 12, 2007

  3. celldee

    Dave Rose Guest

    celldee wrote:
    > I am in the process of retraining myself in Ruby. I have books, a Mac
    > (with Textmate), Linux and Windows boxes, read online articles and
    > invent little coding exercises for myself. None of that is a
    > substitute for real world experience.
    >
    > Is there anybody who would be willing to engage me in a sort of
    > internship whereby you give me a smallish Ruby project to do and I
    > complete it purely for the experience?
    >
    > I'm physically located in the UK, but the 'Net has a long reach. ;-)
    > Please contact me off list if you can help.
    >
    > Sorry, if this is not the correct forum for this sort of thing.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Chris
    > http://rotsog.wordpress.com

    ...write a ruby recipe manager and start testing with chocolate chip
    cookies (recipe of course)...Make sure it's units are capable for
    worldwide consumption ie. we here in the US do not use the metric system

    Dave Rose, Apr 12, 2007
  4. celldee

    John Joyce Guest

    On Apr 12, 2007, at 9:27 PM, Dave Rose wrote:

    > celldee wrote:
    >> I am in the process of retraining myself in Ruby. I have books, a Mac
    >> (with Textmate), Linux and Windows boxes, read online articles and
    >> invent little coding exercises for myself. None of that is a
    >> substitute for real world experience.
    >>
    >> Is there anybody who would be willing to engage me in a sort of
    >> internship whereby you give me a smallish Ruby project to do and I
    >> complete it purely for the experience?
    >>
    >> I'm physically located in the UK, but the 'Net has a long reach. ;-)
    >> Please contact me off list if you can help.
    >>
    >> Sorry, if this is not the correct forum for this sort of thing.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Chris
    >> http://rotsog.wordpress.com

    > ...write a ruby recipe manager and start testing with chocolate chip
    > cookies (recipe of course)...Make sure it's units are capable for
    > worldwide consumption ie. we here in the US do not use the metric
    > system

    Maybe YOU don't use metric, but perhaps that's why you haven't
    noticed that all food products are labeled with English and Metric
    system measurements...?

    John Joyce, Apr 12, 2007
  5. John Joyce wrote:

    > Maybe YOU don't use metric, but perhaps that's why you haven't noticed
    > that all food products are labeled with English and Metric system
    > measurements...?

    Besides, metric is part of the SI standard, and thus i18n safe. >:)

    --
    Phillip "CynicalRyan" Gawlowski
    http://cynicalryan.110mb.com/

    Rule of Open-Source Programming #6:

    The user is always right unless proven otherwise by the developer.

    Phillip Gawlowski, Apr 12, 2007