Realaudio doplay netscape mozilla

Lucien

I have trouble using JavaScript to access an embedded real audio in
netscape navigator 7.1 and mozilla 1.4 and 1.5 (It seems to work in NS 4.7)

Eg.

<EMBED NAME=javademo SRC="test.rpm" WIDTH=220 HEIGHT=180 CONSOLE=one
CONTROLS=ImageWindow BACKGROUNDCOLOR=white
MAINTAINASPECT=true>

<!-- Form Buttons using JavaScript Controls-->

<FORM>
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Play"
onClick="document.javademo.DoPlay()">
</form>

The javascript error: "document.javademo.DoPlay is not a function"
any suggestions?

Luciano

VK

Did they drop <embed> for <object> starting v5? I personally did not use
<embed> for years so I'm not 100% sure.

Try document.embeds[0].DoPlay() instead.
If not, try <object>

Martin Honnen

Lucien said:
I have trouble using JavaScript to access an embedded real audio in
netscape navigator 7.1 and mozilla 1.4 and 1.5 (It seems to work in NS 4.7)

Eg.

<EMBED NAME=javademo SRC="test.rpm" WIDTH=220 HEIGHT=180 CONSOLE=one
CONTROLS=ImageWindow BACKGROUNDCOLOR=white
MAINTAINASPECT=true>

<!-- Form Buttons using JavaScript Controls-->

<FORM>
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Play"
onClick="document.javademo.DoPlay()">
</form>

The javascript error: "document.javademo.DoPlay is not a function"
any suggestions?

A plugin that allows scripting with Netscape 4 doesn't support scripting
with Netscape 7 so you need to check whether there is a new version of
the Real Player plugin that allows scripting with Netscape 7.

Lucien

I have the latest version of RealOne installed. It is a Javascript
callback problem. I can play Realaudio files but I can't call the plugin
with javascript. Any help would be appreciated.
Lucien