    generation would be fine too.

    Reasonably priced would be $200-$300 range.

    Thanks a lot
    Larry goodman, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Larry goodman

    Paul Rubin Guest

    See http://www.reportlab.org for example.
    Paul Rubin, Oct 15, 2003

  3. >See http://www.reportlab.org for example.

    But this is free for only GPL apps right? My app will be closed
    source. The only price i see there is 25,000 for their enterprise SDK
    and that is way out of my range.
    Larry goodman, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Larry goodman

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Larry goodman <> writes:
    > >See http://www.reportlab.org for example.

    > But this is free for only GPL apps right? My app will be closed
    > source. The only price i see there is 25,000 for their enterprise SDK
    > and that is way out of my range.

    According to their developers faq:

    The ReportLab toolkit and most of our other Open Source tools are
    available under the BSD license. This means that you can basically do
    anything you want with it, including using it in a commercial package.

    So you should be ok.
    Paul Rubin, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Larry goodman

    Robin Becker Guest

    In article <>, Paul Rubin <http@?.cx>
    writes
    >Larry goodman <> writes:
    >> >See http://www.reportlab.org for example.

    >> But this is free for only GPL apps right? My app will be closed
    >> source. The only price i see there is 25,000 for their enterprise SDK
    >> and that is way out of my range.

    >According to their developers faq:
    >
    > The ReportLab toolkit and most of our other Open Source tools are
    > available under the BSD license. This means that you can basically do
    > anything you want with it, including using it in a commercial package.
    >
    >So you should be ok.

    That is indeed true! At Andy Robinson's command I copied the template
    BSD license and tried to insert the relevant data in the right places.

    Personally I prefer the ASL (Anarchist Software License)

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=anarchist software license&hl=en&lr=&i
    e=UTF-8&selm=igRpPUAi30U2Ewmt%40jessikat.demon.co.uk&rnum=1

    but Andy differs as he's a bit more serious.
    --
    Robin Becker
    Robin Becker, Oct 15, 2003
  6. Very nice. I guess the 25k is for support. Thanks.
    Larry goodman, Oct 16, 2003