Rebuilding of Site

tshad

I don't use VS much for my websites. But I do have one that does use VS.

I am trying to figure out what I can change that would not require a
rebuild.

I assume that if I make any changes to my aspx.vb file - I would have to
rebuild.

Can I make change to my .aspx file without rebuilding, such as change some
of the html?

If I move a control (textbox, label etc) or add an attribute or change an
attribute such as the Text or Visible attribute - do I have to rebuild.

The only reason I ask this is that I have someone who doesn't use VS but
does make small changes periodically to our pages using DW and I want to
find out what I can do to a project that wouldn't require me to come in and
rebuild it.

Thanks,

Tom

LosManos

hejdig.

You can change the HTML/Aspx and everything client side.
You cannot change the name of a control but you can change position, layout
and attributes.

Think of it like this - aspnet parses the aspx page and reacts accordingly.
It cannot react by compiling (not entirely true) but it can decide to make
messages/calls or not.

HTH

/OF