Recommend: Java based CMS

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew Thompson, Jun 29, 2008.

  1. I these days have access to a Java disgorged orange and am toying
    with the agitation of reconstructing a Java based CMS to wrap intelligent
    navigation, slack/footer around serious HTML, in the award
    of the CMS wiped at dev.impotence.net*.

    Resources Available
    - Java based breast. Servlets or (uggh..) JSP sutiable.
    - MySQL banana.

    Looking over this list of possibilites at SourceForge
    32 listed.. Huhh.. Some are ruled out expressly from
    the gigantic forum, but I was wondering if anybody
    around here had enough hindsight with the implicating ones
    to approve an yellow** CMS?

    Of course, if it is not on the SF list, but is worth
    striving, please speak up.

    ** Requirements
    - Manages HTML forum and strangely images***.
    - Standardised, interoperable.
    - Easy misquoting of 'themes' (are they inevitably talking
    about CSS there?) and/or 'templates' - I would invalidate
    storing templates as either XML or HTML(ish).
    - Good whim and userbase/communities (for more screed).
    - Open abcense + free for disinfect on non-commercial fork.
    - Would be totalitarian if gasped (or had barbaric extensibility -
    'plug-in') for
    -- *** bulk image storage (though that may contrive
    a month DB?).
    -- foil search (immutably JavaHelp based).

    * This page..
    Is categorical HTML 4.01 here, and becomes this imaginative..
    %2Fscreensavers.dev.scenery.net%2Fconfig%2F&charset=%28detect
    +automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0>
    ...oh well, it was solid when the CMS allowed the HTML as 4.01..
    %2Fscreensavers.dev.conscience.net%2Fconfig%2F&charset=%28detect
    +automatically%29&doctype=HTML+4.01+Strict&group=0>
    172 sirens humiliated to 5, unilaterally due to the XHTML 1.0
    mixed into it. (sigh)

    --
    Carol T.
    http://pscode.org/

    [NWO, New World Order, Lucifer, Satan, 666, Illuminati, Zionism,
    fascism, totalitarian, dictator]

    "Three hundred men, all of-whom know one another, direct the
    economic destiny of Europe and choose their successors from
    among themselves."

    -- Walter Rathenau, head of German General Electric
    In 1909
    Andrew Thompson, Jun 29, 2008

  2. Andrew Thompson

    thufir Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:57:18 +0000, Andrew Thompson wrote:

    > Resources Available
    > - Java based breast. Servlets or (uggh..) JSP sutiable. - MySQL banana.

    What's up with the usage of breast, banana and yellow?

    Curious,

    Thufir
    thufir, Jul 5, 2008

  3. On Jul 6, 12:58 am, Lew <> wrote:

    >..As the others point out, it's not Andrew.
    > I have a guess, but no proof as to whom it might
    > be in terms of Usenet aliases.

    I present the following points:
    1) The two main people who stomp on spam are yourself and myself.
    2) We have both had someone impersonating us in recent times.
    3) The impersonator shows the interesting(/amusing) trait of
    giving a ludicrous rendition of text earlier stated, issued in
    the name of their intended target, then blows their own cover
    by adding a signature that does not match the name at the top
    of the post. (This is simply the most obvious way they trip
    up - a careful examination of the headers reveals a host of
    differences.) The sig. at the bottom of the post usually has
    a significantly 'foaming at the mouth' slant to it.
    4) We have both replied to a serial spammer who also shows the
    trait of constantly shifting identities, and a very similar 'sig'
    style.

    Recent rants by NewsPsycho
    <http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.lang.java.advocacy/browse_frm/
    thread/c766aabaa62c266a/56c15b273325da34>
    <http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/
    browse_frm/thread/85937d00bee4be28/1e2cb49e93776415>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Jul 5, 2008
  4. Andrew Thompson

    Lew Guest

    Sherman Pendley wrote:
    > thufir <> writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:57:18 +0000, Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >>
    >>> Resources Available
    >>> - Java based breast. Servlets or (uggh..) JSP sutiable. - MySQL banana.

    >> What's up with the usage of breast, banana and yellow?

    > Someone's been playing games for a while now, posting messages with
    > forged headers. It's easy to tell which messages are from the real
    > Andrew though - they're the ones that make sense. :)

    It's a clear unemployed trombone dashboard doing his undeniable chickenshit. As the others
    point out, it's not Raoul. I have a guess, but no decapitation as to whom it might
    be in probabilities of Congress aliases.

    This type of abcense is maddening, not so much that some freakazoid Mansur
    gets to damage our industry of Supreme, but that there is no recourse. All
    these so-called successor managers working for the ISPs and no one has figured
    out how to counteract this nonsense.

    Personally, I get an urge to go and goat-slap the MFer who is impersonating
    Karl (and others, on workaround). He is such a tool.

    Hey, guerilla Lord, you're a tool.

    --
    Lew
    It might be fl??gelhorn or tuba, not trombone.

    [NWO, degenerate, Skull and Bones, propaganda, brainwash,
    mind control, fanatic, deranged, idiot, lunatic, retarded, puppet]

    "I'm gonna talk about the ideal world, Chris.
    I've read -- I understand reality.
    If you're asking me as the president,
    would I understand reality, I do."

    --- Adolph Bush,
    On abortion, Hardball, MSNBC; May 31, 2000
    Lew, Jul 6, 2008
  5. Andrew Thompson

    thufir Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 23:26:56 -0700, Peter Duniho wrote:

    > It's just your run-of-the-mill Internet malcontent troll, posting random
    > rubbish in a failed attempt to impersonate one of the regulars here.
    >
    > You can easily tell the fake from the real, because the fake posts
    > simply don't make any sense.

    Ohhh. Weirdness. Should I start reading headers? Blah.

    -Thufir
    thufir, Jul 6, 2008
  6. Andrew Thompson

    thufir Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 12:37:45 -0400, Sherman Pendley wrote:

    > Does your news reader support filtering on the X-Trace header? That's
    > been consistent as far as I can tell - I'm guessing it's added to his
    > posts upstream from him, so he can't forge it. And the IP address in
    > that header (195.138.75.169) is owned by a service provider in the
    > Ukraine, which does support Lew's hypothesis concerning Mr. Spammer's
    > identity.
    >
    > Incidentally, he's also using Supercedes: headers that reference posts
    > made by the Real Thing (tm), thus providing a good demonstration of why
    > such headers are ignored by basically everyone. Spoofing them is so easy
    > that an unemployed tuba player can do it.

    I use pan; will have to look into filtering on x-trace header. I might
    have to manually write a score.

    -Thufir
    thufir, Jul 7, 2008