    How do I store an entire recordset in one single Session variable?

    Thanks,

    Arpan
    Arpan, Sep 28, 2005

  2. Arpan

    Prabhat Guest

    "Arpan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How do I store an entire recordset in one single Session variable?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Arpan

    I will suggest you to save the recordset into Session Array and use the
    array where ever you want. Go for such big session variable (either
    Recordset or Array) only if you require all the fields / value of that
    recordset.

    Hope this will help you.
    Prabhat
    Prabhat, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Arpan

    Arpan Guest

    Thanks, Prabhat, for your suggestion but how do I create such a Session
    array to save the recordset?

    Thanks once again,

    Regards,

    Arpan
    Arpan, Sep 29, 2005
  4. Arpan

    Prabhat Guest

    "Arpan" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks, Prabhat, for your suggestion but how do I create such a Session
    > array to save the recordset?
    >
    > Thanks once again,
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Arpan

    Hi,

    1st you open the recordset for the SQL what ever you want and then use the
    below statement to save the recordset to session array.

    Session("arrRecords") = rs.GetRows

    Now you can destroy your record set and use the Session("arrRecords") where
    ever you want.

    Hope this will help you.
    Thanks
    Prabhat