Recruiting Advice

C.Howard18

I work for ValoreBooks.com, which is an internet company based out of
Buffalo, NY. I am looking to hire a computer programmer with the job
description listed below. Can anybody tell me where would be the best
place is to post this job. I can't decide between monster/
careerbuilder/dice.com. I was just wondering if anybody even looks at
these sites while searching for a programming job or if anyone has any
other recomendations to post the job. Thanks for your time, I would
greatly appreciate any advice!

Position: Computer Programmer / Web Developer

Brief Role Description: (What are the day-to-day duties of this job?)

ValoreBooks offers a unique work environment; young and energetic –
yet demanding of a rigorous work-ethic. We’re seeking candidates with
the ability and desire to create practical solutions for complex
business problems. As a member of the ValoreBooks technical team you
will be responsible for the development, quality assurance, and
implementation of a wide array of technical projects. Primary
responsibilities include system programming, as well as webpage
design, and implementation while conforming to current Web standards.

Position Requirements

Required Skills: (What are the specific technical / functional skills
required for this position? How many years of experience? What level
of expertise?)
 Solid knowledge of web design and development, three tear
architecture.
 Strong graphic design skills.
 Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
 The flexibility to manage and document multiple projects
simultaneously.
 Ability to identify risks, make recommendations and communicate
progress effectively.
 Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to
adhere to deadlines.
 Ability to effectively and thoroughly test code to ensure
functionality and accuracy.
 Strong collaborative/interpersonal skills with an emphasis on team
building.

Minimum Education:
 Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.

Computer Skills:
 Proficient in JSP, ASP, or PHP, HTML, DHTML, CSS, JavaScript, and
XML
 Skilled in Graphic Design
 Working knowledge of Java or C++
 Working Knowledge of SQL

Work Environment / Hours:
 Valore offers a young and energetic environment where team members
can rapidly develop into effective professionals
 Benefits available including health, dental and flex-scheduling.
Contact Information:
 All candidates are required to submit a resume via e-mail to
(e-mail address removed)

255 Great Arrow Ave Suite 5 Buffalo, NY 14207
Tel: 888-825-6731
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Victor Bazarov

I work for [..] I am looking to hire a computer programmer with the job
description listed below. Can anybody tell me where would be the best
place is to post this job. [..]

First of all, you didn't even bother reading the FAQ (where your question
has been answered). Second, without waiting for an answer, you just went
ahead and posted your ad here. This is a severe violation of netiquette.
Please don't do that again.

Noah Roberts

I work for ValoreBooks.com, which is an internet company based out of
Buffalo, NY. I am looking to hire a computer programmer with the job
description listed below. Can anybody tell me where would be the best
place is to post this job. I can't decide between monster/
careerbuilder/dice.com. I was just wondering if anybody even looks at
these sites while searching for a programming job or if anyone has any
other recomendations to post the job. Thanks for your time, I would
greatly appreciate any advice!

I use monster.

Manav Sharma

[...]

Hi,

Well nothing to offend you but I want to inform you that there is
nothing so smart that others cannot find. You very cleverly mixed a
query with a job posting. And honestly, almost all the programmers
hunt for programming jobs on the websites mentioned by you. Please be
straight and honest. Clever people are not generally liked.

Best Regards,
Manav Sharma

Manav Sharma