References

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dew, Jan 4, 2006.

  1. dew

    dew Guest

    I have 3 projects, two if which share and reference the dll from the third
    project, all in the same solution

    When I am in debug, and modifying the shared dll, one of the projects picks
    up the changes, but the 2nd one doesn't. I have both set to Copy
    Local=true, but have tried changing these to see if it makes a difference.
    I also noticed the path on these references are different, one of them is
    set to the vswebcache in Documents and Settings, and the other is set to the
    bin of the shared project. Neither one of them lets me change the path.

    When I am in the first project, and select Shift F2 to go to a procedure in
    the referenced project, it goes to the procedure. When I am in the second
    project, however, it goes in to the browser as if it cannot go to the
    referenced project.

    It is not likely that any other projects will use this shared dll. I want
    the 2nd project to pick up the changes in the shared project just like the
    first project does, at this point I always have to go back to the shared,
    build just that project, then re-reference the dll each time I make a
    change.hat do I need to do to fix this?
    dew, Jan 4, 2006