Refresh frame from another one

Just D.

All,

Who knows how can we refresh a secondary frame automatically if we do a
postback on the primary frame clicking some button control? Do we have any
meta tags to do that automatically or any other trick?

I saw that one guy was placing a hidden link button and used some trick with
__postback to simulate this button click from his code. It's not very
flexible way, but actually do we have anything else?

The reason is simple. I need that to refresh the datagrid on the second
frame when I did some changes to the data on the primary frame and I need
the secondary frame to be refreshed automatically. There is a very bad way
to add an auto refresh tag because it will require a lot of trips to the
server and back, that's originally a bad idea. From the other side using
this way the data will not be refreshed automatically at the same time as
the changes are made.

Dmitri.

Verde

RegisterStartupScript() is your friend here... use something like the
following code during your postback on the primary frame:

string scriptString = "<script
language=JavaScript>parent.OtherFrameName.location.reload(true)</script>";
if(!this.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("clientScript")){
this.RegisterStartupScript("clientScript", scriptString);
}

-HTH