    Thanks,
    Andrew

    , Nov 3, 2005

  2. Jim Higson Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a page connected to a database and using ASP and VBScript
    > scripting. There is a variable that must be set on this page for the
    > variable gets set and there is no problem. However if you are on the
    > detail page and click the back button to the page that sets the
    > variable, the variable does not get set because it isn't actually
    > reloaded, just taken from the browsers cache. Is there a way using HTML
    > (or any scripting language useable by HTML) to auto refresh the page
    > once and once only?

    If caching is the problem, it sounds like you need to set the HTTP headers
    to expire pages immediately.

    However, browsers cache pages for a good reason and this'd really slow
    things down. If the site relies on things like if the user clicked back or
    whatever maybe a rethink of your design is worth considering.

    Jim Higson, Nov 4, 2005

    True, I could do it with two separate pages and no variable being set,
    easy enough to do since I would just be making an exact copy of the
    page essentially. However I would like to know, for future reference,
    if there is a way to auto refresh a page in HTML once and once only.

    , Nov 7, 2005