Refresh (reload) just data [not whole page]

?

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Damjan_Vengu=B9t?=

Hey !

I have a WebForm with several controls on it (text boxes, buttons,
datagrid, listboxes,...).
I want to refresh the data in those controls every 1-2 seconds.

How do I refresh (reload) just data in controls not whole page.

Working on:
- Win XP Pro
- MS VS.NET 2003 (ASP.NET and C# as codebehind language)

Thanks
Damjan

Ersin Gençtürk

maybe you can use msxml object to transfer data from server and dynamically
update your controls.but it needs client side coding a bit.

Eliyahu Goldin

Consider putting the controls requiring refreshing in a separate iframe.

Eliyahu

msnews.microsoft.com

1-2 seconds? Regular HTTP response/request may not be the answer. Try Java
applets or Flash to push/pull the data. Reloading the data in the controls
still causes a HTTP response/request no matter if the whole page is
refreshed or not.

-Max