Refreshing a browser with onClick event

Chumley the Walrus

Is there a method in onClick event to refresh the browser. I'd like to
have users click on a link to listen to a streaming audio feed, but at
the same time as the click, refresh the browser so that my animated
gifs will still animate.

thankx
Chumley the Walrus

punkin

In JavaScript, you can do this to refresh your page:

document.location.reload(true);

Or you can use HTML META tag to refresh the page periodically:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" content="10">

In this case, the page will refresh itself at every 10 seconds.

Richard Cornford

Chumley the Walrus said:
Is there a method in onClick event to refresh the browser.
I'd like to have users click on a link to listen to a
streaming audio feed, but at the same time as the click,
refresh the browser so that my animated gifs will still
animate.

Without any code to go on it is impossible to be certain but the usual
reason that animated GIFs stop playing on a page is the inappropriate
use of the javascritp: pseudo-protocol. Chances are that correcting that
error would remove the need to refresh/reload the page (which is
resource hungry thing to be doing jut to fix a slight visual glitch
anyway).

Richard.