refreshing a webpage.

Guest

Hi,

I would like to refresh a webform when a user clicks on a cancel button.

I have a webform that contains 5 or 6 drop down list boxes, textboxes,
checkboxes.
These were populated with a user account information.

The user can edit the textboxes, change the selected item in the drop down
list, etc.

They can press save, to save the account in the database. or with the cancel
button
return to the original values when the account first loaded.

I'd like to refresh the page with the original data, hopefully without
having to hit the database again for the record data.

thanks

Chris

Guest

two choices, that I see.
If you dont want to hit the DB again you need to store all the original
values and manually reset each item to its value.
Second is to do a Redirect to the same page, fooling the IsPostBack and
forcing it to rebuild itself.

Trevor Benedict R

Open your Toolbox and expand the HTML tab within the ToolBox. You will see
something called a Reset Button. See if this is helpful.

Regards,

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD

Guest

thanks,

The reset button works great. However, some of my form behavior will require
additional logic for my particular situation. This a great foundation to
start on 90% of what I am looking for.

thanks again

Chris