    middle frames, both the middle frames refresh accordingly. But I'm
    curious if there is a way to make the outter frames also refresh. Any
    suggestions?

    Nav, Feb 23, 2006

  2. __/ [ Nav ] on Thursday 23 February 2006 05:57 \__

    > Hi gang,
    >
    > I have a page that splits into 3 frames, a top navigation, a left
    > sidebar, and the middle where all the action is. The middle area then
    > splits into two frames of its own.
    >
    > When someone selects a menu option from a drop down box in one of the
    > middle frames, both the middle frames refresh accordingly. But I'm
    > curious if there is a way to make the outter frames also refresh. Any
    > suggestions?

    I suspect you will need to have a look at iframes and possibly involve some
    JavaScript. It's possible. If your site is not too big and complex, the
    design is also worth overhauling. Frames of any kind are notorious.

    Good luck,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

    Roy Schestowitz, Feb 23, 2006