Regarding Drop down list. Need to set Max size

Valli

Hi,

I need to populate a dropdownlist control with values. Number of items for
that list exceeds 100.
I am using Html select list option.

When I drop down the list control, it shows the item list to the top of the
page or to the bottom of the page.
So I fixed the size of that control as 5. Now the size of the list has
increased to 5 & the list display size also becomes large in Length &
breadth.

My requirement is it should act as a list where the dropdopwn list should
get open when the drop down button is clicked. And after I selected a
choice, the list should be closed with displaying the selected item in the
listbox.

Is there any way to do this Or Is it possible using any controls?

The code in the program for dropdownlist control.

SELECT style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana" id="SecurityDropDownList" size=5
runat="server"> <OPTION>Select a Security Code</OPTION></SELECT>

bruce barker

the size attribute of the <select> controls whether it is displayed as
list or a dropdown. there is no way to specify the size of the actual
dropdown list.

if you really need this feature then you will need a custom control
built from a textbox, image and floating div. there are several examples
of this on the web, and all have their drawbacks.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)