    hai,
    this is shiva completed btech from jntuniversity if there are any
    walkins for fresher /experience please mail me
    shiva, Nov 30, 2008

  2. On Nov 30, 9:32 pm, shiva <> wrote:
    > hai,
    > this is shiva completed btech from jntuniversity if there are any
    > walkins for fresher /experience please mail me

    We will wait until you find your shift key.
    In the meantime, please refrain from spamming
    the usenet newsgroups.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://pscode.org/
    Andrew Thompson, Nov 30, 2008

  3. shiva

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 02:32:43 -0800 (PST), shiva
    who said :

    >hai,
    >this is shiva completed btech from jntuniversity if there are any
    >walkins for fresher /experience please mail me

    What on earth does that mean? Where I live, a "walk in" in either a
    spirit that inhabits another's body, or a person who shows up at the
    dentist without an appointment.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Roedy Green, Dec 2, 2008
  4. shiva

    Lew Guest

    On Dec 1, 8:29 pm, Roedy Green <>
    wrote:
    > On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 02:32:43 -0800 (PST), shiva
    > who said :
    >
    > >hai,
    > >this is shiva completed btech from jntuniversity if there are any
    > >walkins for fresher /experience please mail me

    > What on earth does that mean? Where I live, a "walk in" in either a
    > spirit that inhabits another's body, or a person who shows up at the
    > dentist without an appointment.

    Where I live, a "fresher" isn't correct grammar, because "fresher" is
    an adjective. IIRC, you and others on this forum espoused tolerance
    of regional dialects of English with regard to that, and excoriated
    the supposed parochialism of insisting on internationally standard
    English. Perhaps "walkin" is such a regionalism, so the "what on
    earth" tone is a bit harsh by that standard. It might serve the OP
    better to be less supercilious in our responses.

    OTOH, the overall literacy level of the original post - "hai", failure
    to capitalize correctly, unconventional abbreviations, improper
    punctuation - is not designed to impress top employers. It would
    serve the OP's interest best to achieve a higher level of
    professionalism and adherence to standard English when posting their
    availability internationally. I say this to help, lest the "what on
    earth" reaction tend to discourage a new entrant to the field.

    When submitting job applications and resumes to potential employers,
    I've received similar advice to polish the presentation.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Dec 2, 2008