regd window.external object

K2G

HI,
I am running into a problem where my application is crashing in
running javascript.

my window uses IE OCX controls to do some processing from web.
At the end of the processing i have a button "Finish"
when i click Finish, it is supposed to close the OCX and the window it
is residing in.
for that my function is

function CloseWindow()
{
window.external.close();
window.close();
}

But this is crashing. Can someone please help me.
What will happen if i call only window.external.close() only.

Thanks
Keshav

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

K2G said:
my window uses IE OCX controls to do some processing from web.

Be more specific. Which control?
At the end of the processing i have a button "Finish"
when i click Finish, it is supposed to close the OCX and the window it
is residing in.
for that my function is

function CloseWindow()
{
window.external.close();
window.close();
}

But this is crashing.

No, it is not. most certainly there is a TypeError runtime error instead
as

typeof window.external.close === "undefined"

(needs to be "function", "object", or "unknown" to be callable).
Can someone please help me.

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535246(VS.85).aspx>

I don't see a close() method there. Do you?
What will happen if i call only window.external.close() only.

Is that a question? If yes, why don't you just try it?
I guess it will "crash", too.

<http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting> pp.

PointedEars