@Register - Assembly Parameter

Mythran

This is an extension of a post I made in microsoft.public.dotnet.general.

In my aspx file, there when I need to use a web control on the page and the
web control is in an assembly which in turn is in the Global Assembly Cache,
the Assembly attribute of the @Register directive is automatically populated
by the .Net IDE with the full name of the assembly (including the version).
Is there a way I can tell the framework to use the most recent version found
in the GAC at compile time?

Thanks,
Mythran

Mythran

Mythran said:
This is an extension of a post I made in microsoft.public.dotnet.general.

In my aspx file, there when I need to use a web control on the page and
the web control is in an assembly which in turn is in the Global Assembly
Cache, the Assembly attribute of the @Register directive is automatically
populated by the .Net IDE with the full name of the assembly (including
the version). Is there a way I can tell the framework to use the most
recent version found in the GAC at compile time?

Thanks,
Mythran

Found out how to do this on my own using MSDN (gotta love that library).
Anywho, in web.config:

<configuration>
<runtime>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<qualifyAssembly
partialName="MyLibrary"
fullName="Fullname with version information"
/>
</assemblyBinding>
</runtime>
</configuration>

Now I don't have to specify the version #'s in the individual asp file...my
problem now is that the IDE still inserts the version #'s automatically and
I still have to manually remove them from the aspx file...is there a way to
prevent this?

Thanks,
Mythran