reinstalling a web app?

HockeyFan

I have a web app (asp.net) that I've created a setup wizard project
inside the solution, for creating the setup.exe and msi files to
distribute the app to another server. On first time installation, this
setup works fine, but after that, if I make changes and need to
reinstall, I must first uninstall the previous version before trying to
run the new version of the setup.exe. Is there a way with the
SetupWizard in Visual Studio 2005, to add whatever to get the uninstall
to happen automatically?

Tim Mackey

hi les,
i think you can specify an option 'remove older versions' in the setup
project in VS. if you set this to false, then it should just install on
top of the old one, hopefully without problems.

alternatively, you can always right-click the MSI and 'repair'. this does a
reinstall, without requiring uninstall + fresh install.

tim