relative floating div

Bosconian

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered before, but I have
been unable to find a definitive answer for my specific requirements.

I am looking to reproduce the scrolling effect found here:

http://www.sothink.com/product/dhtmlmenu/store/relativefloat/index.php

I have seen other examples of this effect, but none as smooth as this. I
also like the way it slows to a stop when scrolling quickly.

I don't need the menu navigation--only a floating div that contains text.

Joshie Surber

Bosconian said:
I apologize if this question has been asked and answered before, but I have
been unable to find a definitive answer for my specific requirements.

I am looking to reproduce the scrolling effect found here:

http://www.sothink.com/product/dhtmlmenu/store/relativefloat/index.php

I have seen other examples of this effect, but none as smooth as this. I
also like the way it slows to a stop when scrolling quickly.

I don't need the menu navigation--only a floating div that contains text.

If all you want is a fixed div, try CSS. Much easier.
div#fixed {
position:fixed;
top:100px;
left: 10px;
width: 300px;
}
or whatever.

Bosconian

Joshie Surber said:
If all you want is a fixed div, try CSS. Much easier.
div#fixed {
position:fixed;
top:100px;
left: 10px;
width: 300px;
}
or whatever.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm familiar with what you describe and you're right, it's a very simple
method to achieve the effiect.

I found this example, which is relatively light and achieves the desired
sexy scrolling and slows to a stop effect.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/staticmenu.htm