    to not move immediately would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Brian
    Brian D, May 8, 2007

  2. Brian D

    ASM Guest

    Brian D a écrit :
    > I am trying to reproduce the following type of floating div
    >
    > http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&oc=MLB1201&s=biz&fb=1

    Thanks for this link : "We're unable to process your request"

    > If you notice the box on the right does not start to move until the

    I did notice nothing at all !
    (anyway my browser knows what is a fixed layer)
    Seen any box on the right.

    > top of window goes past the top of the box. All of the scripts that I
    > have found make the box move immediately after the scrolling begins.

    of course ! immediately after and not before.
    how the bowser could imagine you will move the point of view (you will
    scroll)

    > Any assistance finding a script or letting me know what causes the box
    > to not move immediately would be appreciated.

    Ho! you want that starts after a little wait ?

    onscroll="setTimeout('slideMyBox()', 200);"

    ASM, May 8, 2007

  3. Brian D

    Brian D Guest

    Maybe this will make more sense. Go to:

    http://tempsite.texwipe.com/test/float.asp

    As soon as you begin to scroll the blue box begins to move. I do not
    want it to move until I have scrolled far enough down the page that
    the any part of the box would be covered. I end up with a large white
    gap at toe top of the page after I begin to scroll. I want the box to
    stay at the top of the viewable window.

    Do you understand what I am trying to accomplish. I know this can be
    done b/c I have seen it before.

    Thank,
    Brian
    Brian D, May 9, 2007