Floating Div Layer

Brian D

I am trying to reproduce the following type of floating div

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&oc=MLB1201&s=biz&fb=1

If you notice the box on the right does not start to move until the
top of window goes past the top of the box. All of the scripts that I
have found make the box move immediately after the scrolling begins.

Any assistance finding a script or letting me know what causes the box
to not move immediately would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

ASM

Brian D a écrit :

Thanks for this link : "We're unable to process your request"
If you notice the box on the right does not start to move until the

I did notice nothing at all !
(anyway my browser knows what is a fixed layer)
Seen any box on the right.
top of window goes past the top of the box. All of the scripts that I
have found make the box move immediately after the scrolling begins.

of course ! immediately after and not before.
how the bowser could imagine you will move the point of view (you will
scroll)
Any assistance finding a script or letting me know what causes the box
to not move immediately would be appreciated.

Ho! you want that starts after a little wait ?

onscroll="setTimeout('slideMyBox()', 200);"

Brian D

Maybe this will make more sense. Go to:

http://tempsite.texwipe.com/test/float.asp

As soon as you begin to scroll the blue box begins to move. I do not
want it to move until I have scrolled far enough down the page that
the any part of the box would be covered. I end up with a large white
gap at toe top of the page after I begin to scroll. I want the box to
stay at the top of the viewable window.

Do you understand what I am trying to accomplish. I know this can be
done b/c I have seen it before.

Thank,
Brian