Reloading in Javascript not working right.

Guest

I have a index.htm page that loads a right frame and a main frame. In
the right frame I have a menu(hvmenu).
When I want to open a text file from my hd, I just click it in the
menu. It opens in the main frame. But now
the menu isn't working anymore. Apparently, you need a javascript
command in the main frame, as in every page
I want to open to make it work. With a txt file that seems rather hard.
So, to work around this, I can just click F5 to reload
and the menu works fine again. But, when I try to do this with the
javascript reload command it just does not
work the same.

Here is a few I have tried from the menu document. It reloads every few
seconds, just to see what works:

parent.location.reload(true); - Reloads it all, but the main frame
shows the default page instead of the page
I had loaded.
document.location.reload(); - Main frame stays the same, but the menu
just disappears.

Have tried a few others too with no luck. Only one that worked was a
activex call to use sendkeys F5, but I would always get a warning about
an activex object being called and apparently I can't turn that off.

Anyone have any calls that will work the same as F5 on the whole page,
or some idea on how to circumvent it?

Thanks

VK

When I want to open a text file from my hd, I just click it in the
menu. It opens in the main frame.
But now the menu isn't working anymore.

Could you post the code for your right (navigational) menu?