Remote Debugging one Web application of many

Tony

Hi,

I have several web projects running on my webserver. For some projects I
have a productive web and a development web. So if I create new functions I
first test them in the development project and if they work fine I deploy it
in the productive web.

But when I want to remote debug my development web (connecting to w3wp.exe)
my breakpoints are also hit from requests in the productive web. Is there a
way to prevent this?

Thanks, Tony

Guest

Tony,

Whilst XCopying to the Production web, if you turn on the Builds to Release
Configuration, then the Debug symbols would not be included.

This would also reduce the overhead of assembly size,loading time, number of
dependant files (in terms of PDBs etc).

However, since you do not have a debugger in place, you need to ensure that
you have logger mechanisms in place to log all necessary events.

Did this attend to your query?