    No matter what I do the external class library DLL is added back to the
    bin folder. I have tried to remove this on the server, in vss, and in
    the "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folders to no avail. Can anyone help?
    ThazKool, Nov 8, 2006

  2. ThazKool

    sloan Guest

    That's the way it works dude.

    All referenced assemblies (dll's) are copied to the bin directory.

    This is what allows a "copy and deploy" ability.

    And writing another post ......
    (which would be in addition to this one and the Wednesday, November 08, 2006
    8:57 AM post)
    isn't going to change that.

    You can check this
    http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/10045/1945?pf=true
    link, and start a path to understanding how dotNet apps get deployed.

    sloan, Nov 8, 2006

  3. you have a reference to the dll as a page directive, or in the web config.
    remove the reference, and the compiler will stop copying it as instructed.

    -- bruce (sqlworkcom)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Nov 8, 2006
  4. ThazKool

    ThazKool Guest

    The answer is: Since a web application may be deployed remotely, the
    DLL dependencies are added to the bin folder. The problem is that I
    don't want the website to access the Legacy or DataLayer DLLs directly.
    However, they are added since they are dependencies. The only
    solution is to not make the classes in the assemblies public and set
    only a few specific friend assemblies... like the Business Logic or
    Object Model layers.

    ThazKool, Nov 8, 2006