    Does anyone have or know of script that will stop yahoo adding their adverts
    to end of post to groups?

    TIA

    MikeC, May 25, 2004

  2. MikeC

    kaeli Guest

    In article <c8v2ah$lhr$>,
    enlightened us with...
    > Does anyone have or know of script that will stop yahoo adding their adverts
    > to end of post to groups?

    It's free for a reason. Stop trying to get around it or they'll stop
    offering free services at all. Don't spoil it for people.

    ~kaeli~
    If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, May 25, 2004

  3. MikeC

    Lee Guest

    MikeC said:

    >Does anyone have or know of script that will stop yahoo adding their adverts
    >to end of post to groups?

    In general, if you want somebody to provide a service for
    you, you have to play by their rules. If you don't like
    the rules, get your own web site.

    Lee, May 25, 2004
  4. MikeC

    Grant Wagner Guest

    kaeli wrote:

    > In article <c8v2ah$lhr$>,
    > enlightened us with...
    > > Does anyone have or know of script that will stop yahoo adding their adverts
    > > to end of post to groups?
    > >

    > It's free for a reason. Stop trying to get around it or they'll stop
    > offering free services at all. Don't spoil it for people.

    I agree with the sentiment, but I disagree with the reasoning. It's decidedly
    *not* free. Yahoo incures considerable expense to provide the service to the
    public. You "pay" Yahoo for the service by having advertisements appear in the
    posts. If you stop "paying" Yahoo for the service, the service will disappear.

    tanstaafl - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

    --
    | Grant Wagner <>

    *

    *