rendering html on pdf

twittwit

Hi all,

i want to render some html text into pdf using ruby's pdf writer.

however, the pdf.text cannot deliver that.

does anybody has a solution for that?

thanks in advance!

Gregory Brown

Hi all,

i want to render some html text into pdf using ruby's pdf writer.

however, the pdf.text cannot deliver that.

does anybody has a solution for that?

If your needs are very basic, try Prawn::Format.
If you can use JRuby, try FlyingSaucer
If you have lots of $$$, Try PrinceXML
If you are persuasive, convince Aaron Patterson to write his html2pdf
formatter for Prawn.

-greg

twittwit

thanks greg.

If your needs are very basic, try Prawn::Format.
If you can use JRuby, try FlyingSaucer
If you have lots of $$$, Try PrinceXML
If you are persuasive, convince Aaron Patterson to write his html2pdf
formatter for Prawn.

-greg

Charles Oliver Nutter

If your needs are very basic, try Prawn::Format.
If you can use JRuby, try FlyingSaucer
If you have lots of $$$, Try PrinceXML

In talking with Yehuda Katz, it sounds like iText/FlyingSaucer does
just about everything you would pay $$$ for in PrinceXML, so I'd
strongly suggest going that route. You could even set up a JRuby
Sinatra/DRB server just for this...it would be worth it.

- Charlie