    appreciated
    t hanks
    bbxrider
    bob.betzComcast, Mar 5, 2007

  2. bob.betzComcast

    Els Guest

    Els, Mar 5, 2007

  3. bob.betzComcast

    bbxrider Guest

    Els, thank you so much for the help, that works
    to bad you don't view the mambo forums, i had posted for help there for 2
    days with no reply
    not sure if i was stating the problem correctly, but now i know that this
    forum exists with help like this
    makes my project now seem doable
    thanks again
    bbxrider

    bbxrider, Mar 5, 2007
  4. bob.betzComcast

    Els Guest

    bbxrider wrote:

    > Els, thank you so much for the help, that works
    > to bad you don't view the mambo forums, i had posted for help there for 2
    > days with no reply
    > not sure if i was stating the problem correctly, but now i know that this
    > forum exists with help like this
    > makes my project now seem doable

    Don't count on this "forum" (it's a Usenet news group, not a forum)
    for help with specific Mambo stuff though. Most people in this group
    would have told you that you should have linked to the website's
    address, not your localhost, but not everybody knows Mambo. (nor do I,
    but I figured Mambo would work similar to Joomla)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Mar 6, 2007
  5. Els wrote:

    > address, not your localhost, but not everybody knows Mambo. (nor do I,
    > but I figured Mambo would work similar to Joomla)

    OT: historically it's the other way round: joomla works like mambo.
    But it's a shame, that there is no joomla usenet group...

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply
    Bernhard Sturm, Mar 6, 2007
  6. bob.betzComcast

    Els Guest

    Bernhard Sturm wrote:
    > Els wrote:
    >
    >> address, not your localhost, but not everybody knows Mambo. (nor do I,
    >> but I figured Mambo would work similar to Joomla)

    > OT: historically it's the other way round: joomla works like mambo.

    I know, but as I never used Mambo, I can only see it from a Joomla pov
    ;-)

    > But it's a shame, that there is no joomla usenet group...

    There's nothing wrong with the Joomla forum though - lots of helpful
    people.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Now playing: Madness - Victoria Gardens
    Els, Mar 6, 2007
  7. bob.betzComcast

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 5 Mar, 23:38, "bbxrider" <> wrote:

    > to bad you don't view the mambo forums,

    You get a better class of obsessive compulsive geek on Usenet.
    Andy Dingley, Mar 6, 2007