repainting Panels

Chris Lawson

Hi,

I am writing a java program using a combinatin of panels ... when the
content of a panel is updated, by calling the repaint() method, the
panel that is repainted gets junk in the background which is an image
of the whole window.

This disappers if there is another repaint (i.e. call the repaint()
manually or the window is resized).

Does anybody know why this occurs and possibly how to fix it?

Thanks
Chris

Steve W. Jackson

:Hi,
:
:I am writing a java program using a combinatin of panels ... when the
:content of a panel is updated, by calling the repaint() method, the
:panel that is repainted gets junk in the background which is an image
:eek:f the whole window.
:
:This disappers if there is another repaint (i.e. call the repaint()
:manually or the window is resized).
:
:Does anybody know why this occurs and possibly how to fix it?
:
:Thanks
:Chris

<http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/articles/painting/index.html>
gives good insights into painting. This sounds suspiciously like an
opacity problem on one or more of the components in the hierarchy.

= Steve =