Replacing a table

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Paul F. Johnson, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    A few people viewing http://www.reelnorth.co.uk/index-2.html have been
    having problems with a table at the bottom of the page (it has three pngs
    in).

    As the second season is due to air in a couple of weeks, I've decided to
    give the website a makeover and fix some parts which were annoying me
    (the table being one of them).

    I've replaced the table with a small piece of css, but as you can see if
    you look at http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/rn2/ the graphics are in the
    wrong place now (from the top, their fine from the left).

    The css controling the position of the graphics is

    #logos {
    float: left;
    position: relative;
    margin-left:15em;
    }

    not exactly rocket science!

    Can anyone see what I've done wrong? The page probably won't validate on
    w3c (I've not tried it).

    TTFN

    Paul

    Paul F. Johnson, Sep 15, 2003

  2. >From: "Paul F. Johnson"
    >Newsgroups: alt.html
    >Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:03:22 +0100

    >Hi,
    >
    >A few people viewing http://www.reelnorth.co.uk/index-2.html have been
    >having problems with a table at the bottom of the page (it has three pngs
    >in).
    >
    >As the second season is due to air in a couple of weeks, I've decided to
    >give the website a makeover and fix some parts which were annoying me
    >(the table being one of them).
    >
    >I've replaced the table with a small piece of css, but as you can see if
    >you look at http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/rn2/ the graphics are in the
    >wrong place now (from the top, their fine from the left).
    >
    >The css controling the position of the graphics is
    >
    >#logos {
    > float: left;
    > position: relative;
    > margin-left:15em;
    >}
    >
    >not exactly rocket science!
    >
    >Can anyone see what I've done wrong? The page probably won't validate on
    >w3c (I've not tried it).
    >
    >TTFN
    >
    >Paul

    Looking at the first page:
    Nwv_logo.png and Salford.png are small, compared to Kino_small. Too many
    graphics in a row.

    You could cut kino_small into smaller bits and/or bring some graphics down to
    another TR and center them.

    --- --
    Jeff Levy on Computers
    http://www.jefflevy.com/