replacing blank lines in my .txt data file

diazhenrique

Hi all,

How could I substitute the blank lines in my .txt data file. It has
many empty lines between groups of "text". In truth, the file is not a
well-formated one, in strict sense. I would like to change blank lines
for "special caracter", for example "$". I supose this is easy to do,
but is taking my time in such a way that I'm thinking about to do
manually.

"Things that only a begginer can't see, you know"

Thanks a lot.

Victor Bazarov

How could I substitute the blank lines in my .txt data file.

Is that a question.
It has
many empty lines between groups of "text". In truth, the file is not a
well-formated one, in strict sense. I would like to change blank lines
for "special caracter", for example "$". I supose this is easy to do,
but is taking my time in such a way that I'm thinking about to do
manually.

Do them "manually". Writing a special program for that while there are
things around like awk, or sed, or good text editors, is a waste of time.
"Things that only a begginer can't see, you know"

Luka Djigas

Hi all,

How could I substitute the blank lines in my .txt data file. It has
many empty lines between groups of "text". In truth, the file is not a
well-formated one, in strict sense. I would like to change blank lines
for "special caracter", for example "$". I supose this is easy to do,
but is taking my time in such a way that I'm thinking about to do
manually.

"Things that only a begginer can't see, you know"

Thanks a lot.

Well, if it's not a part of some greater scheme :) I would do that
using an external program of some kind. For example Notepad2
(very nice portable replacement for notepad, in 1 exe file) has a
fuction that does just that.

adieu
ldigas