    "Things that only a begginer can't see, you know"

    Thanks a lot.

    , Aug 21, 2006

  2. <> wrote...
    > How could I substitute the blank lines in my .txt data file.

    Is that a question.

    > It has
    > many empty lines between groups of "text". In truth, the file is not a
    > well-formated one, in strict sense. I would like to change blank lines
    > for "special caracter", for example "$". I supose this is easy to do,
    > but is taking my time in such a way that I'm thinking about to do
    > manually.

    Do them "manually". Writing a special program for that while there are
    things around like awk, or sed, or good text editors, is a waste of time.

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Luka Djigas Guest

    On 21 Aug 2006 13:45:14 -0700, wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >How could I substitute the blank lines in my .txt data file. It has
    >many empty lines between groups of "text". In truth, the file is not a
    >well-formated one, in strict sense. I would like to change blank lines
    >for "special caracter", for example "$". I supose this is easy to do,
    >but is taking my time in such a way that I'm thinking about to do
    >manually.
    >
    >"Things that only a begginer can't see, you know"
    >
    >Thanks a lot.

    Well, if it's not a part of some greater scheme :) I would do that
    using an external program of some kind. For example Notepad2
    (very nice portable replacement for notepad, in 1 exe file) has a
    fuction that does just that.

    adieu
    ldigas

    Luka Djigas, Aug 22, 2006