Replaying multimedia data.

igorcarron

Hello,

On a robotic project I am working on, I am taking data through
different sensors (cameras, acceleration, gyroscopes,....) and store
the attendant data into files for further processing.

When I am done gathering data, I read them offline using nearly the
same script as the one I used to gather them. While I don't have a
problem with reading them in a text format, I would like to display
them to others than myself in a way that is visually appealing.
Something along the lines of "replaying" the data. In other words,
traces like acceleration, would be appearing on a graph as if the robot
was evolving over time after I push a "replay" button. I'd like to do
that not only for the nine traces (1-d plots) I have but also with the
frames taken the camera (in effect, the screen would show a cartoon of
frames of what the robot saw during the data gathering) in real-time.

I don't think it is difficult using python and something like PIL, but
I am wondering if any of you know of a project that had this similar
feel so I could hack it to fit to the data I gathered.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

Igor.

Diez B. Roggisch

When I am done gathering data, I read them offline using nearly the
same script as the one I used to gather them. While I don't have a
problem with reading them in a text format, I would like to display
them to others than myself in a way that is visually appealing.
Something along the lines of "replaying" the data. In other words,
traces like acceleration, would be appearing on a graph as if the robot
was evolving over time after I push a "replay" button. I'd like to do
that not only for the nine traces (1-d plots) I have but also with the
frames taken the camera (in effect, the screen would show a cartoon of
frames of what the robot saw during the data gathering) in real-time.

For the sensors, you could use PyQwt. It's a great collection of widgets for
displaying scientific data.

The image data - well, you can display images of various formats using Qt
(and other toolkits too, of course). So you have to provide them with that
data.